PythonLib installation instructions
PythonLib as a library of Python programs and modules used by any of my
Python programs. Therefore you need to do the following to
make them working:
- Python interpreter should be installed on your system. Type
'python' on command line. If you see output like:
Python 2.4 (#1, Mar 22 2005, 21:42:42)
[GCC 3.3.5 20050117
(prerelease) (SUSE Linux)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright",
"credits" or "license" for more information.
- your Python is working OK (this is an example of typical output of
Python interpreter startup, numbers don't matter).
- hit Ctrl-D to exit Python
- Copy the PythonLib directory to any convenient location on your
- Add the following lines into your .cshrc file:
set path = (. $path
- Restart C-shell interpreter: source ~/.cshrc
- Test installation
- type PythonLib_test.py
- you should see a
PythonLib is installed!
Back to index